Monday, December 2, 2013

Bathroom Reno Progress.





Happy December!

Thought I'd give you a little update on where we are at with the bathroom renovation. As of this weekend, the tub is gone and all that remains in the room is a toilet among the bare walls and floor. It's been a bit of a rocky road. Demolition took longer than anticipated and as expected, we encountered a few surprises. Things seem to be on track now - hopefully!

I went to Charlottetown on Saturday morning to pick up our tub from Mr. Plumber. It's still in a box in the living room (yes, story of my life right now) but I loooove it.



If it's even possible, I am even more excited about our new toilet. Isn't it going to be a dream to clean?


The good news is that we are going to be able to change the footprint of the room which is fantastic news. You never know what you are dealing with, with regards to plumbing, until you open up your floor. We were really hoping to be able to swap the tub and sink and luckily it's going to happen. This puts the window in the shower but with proper tiling this should work out fine.

We are going with this tile. Thank you to all those who follow me on Instagram for approving my first choice. I hesitated a little but the consensus was a resounding yes for the hexagon!



Sunday morning we woke up to the most beautiful surprise snowfall. In the afternoon, we took a drive out to a friend's home in the country and got some greenery for the outdoor pots. I also got some little Charlie Brown trees for the porch. Boom, December arrived and it feels like Christmas!

I swear, I didn't intentional dress like a raspberry. It just happened.

Hoping to make lots of headway this week on the bathroom. I'll keep you posted!

*update.. I wrote this post last night and today proceeded to be a challenging day. Lots of messy plumbing roadblocks. Good news is that all seems to be resolved. As a result, I'm getting in-floor heat! #silverlining #yay

8 comments:

  1. Ahhh! The Kohler Persuade toilet! I can confirm that yes, it is indeed a dream to clean. Still love that guy in our basement. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! You're really in the throes of demolition, aren't you? That just makes the finished product all the more appreciated, right? Love the tile too - its going to be beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah can't wait to see the finished product! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome news you can change the footprint of the bathroom, so can't wait to see how it all comes together! and LOL - love the picture of you!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lucky you! I would love to have my bathroom floor heated. You will really appreciate it on cold winter mornings.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay for progress! Our drywall finishing - which should have been easy, right? - is now on week 3! Please let them finish this week!! Ah, renos :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay! New foot print and in floor heating?!?! Sounds great!!

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from you! Thanks so much :)